Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Visit to the Textile Library


The other day I bumped into a former coworker at a party. What are you up to these days? I asked her. I am a textile librarian, she replied. I think my eyebrows shot up into my hair and my jaw fell to at least my clavicle--what?! That's a job? That sounds completely amazing. Without even really understanding what a textile librarian, or a textile library for that matter, was, I asked her if a few colleagues and I could come and pay her a visit. And she said sure, and proceeded, when we got there last week, to give us the most fabulous tour of both the library (pictured above and below) that is her domain, as well as all the amazing textiles on the showroom floor of De Sousa Hughes where said library is located. Such an inspiration. So thanks to Amy, for a fantastic visit and for sharing her copious knowledge (and also thanks to Kate for letting me use her images--everything below this paragraph--when mine came out crummy).






4 comments:

  1. I keep telling people about my friend "the textile librarian"! I'm not sure anyone is AS impressed as you and I are, but still. And wasn't it amazing to hear people are still "afraid of color" when there are all those gorgeous textile options to choose from?? I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree! no one is impressed as us, but they *should be. and the "afraid of color" thing is one of the most baffling mysteries of the universe as far as I'm concerned. thanks again for sharing your rad pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work. https://fyitester.com/for-sale/small-fabric-knitting-machine/

    ReplyDelete