Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Comics


I've gotten very into reading comics lately. I've always read graphic novels, and still do, but recently a few things happened: I've gotten into the Saga and Ms Marvel trade books (bind-ups of multiple comics issues that you can buy in a regular bookstore); a ten-year-old friend lent us a stack of comics he was done with (see directly below); and we had a little book club at work to read the first four issues of Ta-Nehisi Coates Black Panther. As well, two of my favorite graphic novelists / memoirists, Lucy Knisley and Raina Telgemeier, have new books out, and other juicy treats keep presenting themselves as well. All of which has lead me to read a lot of this stuff in recent months and I must say I'm enjoying it wholeheartedly. I make no admissions but it's possible I might have more on order. Next stop, I suppose, is a propper comic book shop, but I still feel a little shy about that.




No comments:

Post a Comment