Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I'd Rather Be Reading


I attended an absolutely delightful book launch the other evening at Green Apple on the Park for the wonderful Guinevere de la Mare's book I'd Rather Be Reading. In addition to a reading and a signing and a wine-and-snack party, it was also a happy free-for-all of children; a reunion of delightful former Chronicle Books co-workers from the days when Guinevere worked here; and an art show featuring original work form the book.

Not only do I have the honor of being the editor of this book -- but I'm lucky enough to have one of my drawings in it as well. Which meant I got to see my picture displayed next to that of one of my long-time drawing idols, Mark Johns, and alongside work by the likes of Courtney Cerruti, Sophie Blackall, Oliver Jeffers, Jane Mount, Lisa Condon, Wendy MacNaughton, Gemma Correll and many more amazing talents. Just, wow.







No comments:

Post a Comment