Thursday, November 16, 2017

Color Poem #29



in the evening the child says to me

I’ve finished all my homework can we do
the temporary hair color someone I can’t
remember who gave me for my birthday?

and I say sure thing kid and apply
the weird chalky pens to her hair
so she has pale purple-pink bangs
and wavy orange streaks on each
side of her face as requested and
the stuff makes her hair stiff and
straight so I see her bangs are too
long so I go ahead and trim them
with the scissors over the sink but
of course it turns out crooked so I
trim them again and now they are
straight across and they are quite
short maybe too short and maybe
she looks hilarious but that’s fine
and then the child she says to me

thanks mom this
will look great for
picture day
tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment