Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Speaking at the San Francisco Writers Conference


The other week I got to speak on a panel at the San Francisco Writers Conference. One of the best things about it was that it was held in an absolutely lovely meeting room at the Mark Hopkins Hotel, a room banded with frescoes and filled with golden sunlight. The other best thing about it was that the panel was comprised of half a dozen or so super smart and experienced nonfiction editors from a wide range of publishing houses - tiny, medium-sized, and massive publishers, niche and general-interest publishers. The questions were thoughtful and the answers the panelists gave insightful. Sometimes, as an art book editor, I feel a smidge like a fish out of water at events for writers - like perhaps I am often not the person they came to hear. But in this case I felt I added nicely to the mix and the discourse. Of course, being busy talking and listening during the thing, I was not able to take photos of the event itself. A common occupational hazard. You just snap a few pics beforehand and call it a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment