Thursday, May 2, 2013

Next in the Ongoing Series of Poems About the Long-Ago Winter of 2006


February 2, 2006
I am virtually unconscious so much of the time it’s kind of amazing

Last night we came in from dinner
I went into the bathroom
looked in the mirror
and saw that my favorite lime green vintage broach was missing from my sweater
I was utterly despondent
sure I’d lost it
Bill even called the restaurant
and our sweet waitress said
she remembered me having it on at the table
We were actually putting our raincoats back on
to go out and look for it in the street
when he found it
put nearly away in my jewelry tray
Jesus christ
I’d come in
taken it off
along with my watch and my shoes
with no awareness whatsoever that I was doing so
my mind completely elsewhere
It’s almost crazy

However lettuce has a smell
I did notice that today

image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment