Thursday, January 23, 2014

Next Installment in the Ongoing Poem Series About the Spring of 2006


March 16, 2006
The other day I found out something interesting

The woman I sometimes see on the way to work
with the short bleached hair
square red backpack
and small child in tow
lives a couple blocks down from us

I saw her getting something
(her red backpack, perhaps?)
from her car
and then go back into her building
through the funny little door
that’s usually to the left of the main door
on most of the buildings in our neighborhood

I don’t know why this should be surprising really
since I see her walking down said street pretty regularly
But it just feels funny and interesting
to mine a new nugget of information about a stranger

That same morning I also saw
the French woman with the dog
looking as usual ridiculously chic

and the guy who walks with no shoes on
except now that its winter and raining he does wear shoes
but he looks grudging about it
and he still walks with a strange toe-first gait
that makes you wonder if
in inclement weather
he practices walking barefoot at home




image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment