Friday, April 18, 2014

San Francisco by Jeremy Mann


Interesting. These paintings by Jeremy Mann are rendered in a style I don't usually think of myself as being a huge fan of--but the way they evoke the light and air and texture of the streets of San Francisco shoots them straight through my eyeballs and into some deep reaches of my being. As if there was never a time I had not seen these, and known them. It strikes me that perhaps this is one of several different possible powerful responses to art; more often discussed is the art thing which presents itself to your view as something wholly and entirely new in your experience. But maybe equally intriguing are the art objects--like these paintings for me--that ring a resounding bell of familiarly and kinship inside your brain and heart. Found via Colossal.



No comments:

Post a Comment