Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Send Lisa Congdon and Me to SXSW!


I'm excited to tell you that my author and pal the lovely Ms. Lisa Congdon and I are pitching a panel for next year's South by Southwest (SXSW to its pals) convention. We'd like to go and talk about how artists (such as she) and companies (such as publishers / such as Chronicle Books / such as me) can work together without any of the human beings involved feeling yucky about it. Doesn't that sound like a good and interesting talk? We think so too! But here's the catch--the way this works is that there's this thing called the Panel Picker, in which lots and lots of people (3000 last I heard) pitch panel ideas, and then it's up to the public to vote for which ones they feel the conference organizers ought to book and make happen. So if you're thinking of attending SXSW next year and would like to hear us speak, please go right over here to vote. And if you're not planning to attend, but would just like to support us and do us a solid, you can vote too (I checked)! When you follow the link you will find a much more articulate description of our proposed talk, then you must register with their site to vote, but it is super quick and easy to do so. I hope you'll consider bopping on over there and voting--you have until September 4th--and if you do we thank you heartily!


No comments:

Post a Comment