Friday, February 5, 2016

A Studio Visit with Tiffanie Turner


Yesterday I got to visit the studio of my pal, paper botanical artist extraordinaire Tiffanie Turner. I brought a picnic lunch and she showed me her work-in-progress and I very much enjoyed her company and the dreamy light in her studio. A magical space where big things are happening! Not only is Tiffanie in the middle of writing a book (full-disclosure: not for me nor the fine publisher for which I work) but she's also in the midst of preparations to go be the Artist in Residence at the de Young Museum in May. Damn! Girl is on fire. And the work is stunning as always. (You may recall the giant paper peony piece in Mabel's room which was a special Tiffanie Turner commission, and/or the astonishing dying flower from the Dead of Winter show (a show Ms. Turner also very ably curated--see what I mean about on fire? It's kind of perpetual with her) both previously featured here).







No comments:

Post a Comment