Friday, June 8, 2018

Frieze NY 2018: Quiet and Dreamy



I didn’t notice this until I went to organize my photos, but almost as a counterpoint to the bright pallet, there was another much more subdued set of colors that also seemed to recur frequently at Freize. Sometimes -- though not always -- with quiet, dreamy subject matter to match. And I surprise myself by liking this stuff just as much the neon day-glow stuff.

Above: Lynette Yiadom-Boakye


Conrad Shawcross


Dike Blair


Andreas Erikcon


Chantal Jotte


Celia Paul


Minjung Kim


Celia Paul


Kour Pour (note bene: this is not a carpet, it's a paining of a carpet)


John Zurier


Solange Pessoa


Pablo Bronstein


Ilse D'Hollander


Tina Barney (portrait of Joan Didion)



Emilio Vedova


previous Frieze NY 2018 posts are here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment