Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Short Hair!


I chopped my hair off this weekend! Or, rather, the lovely and talented Megan Morales of Dreamers and Make-Believers did so, at my request. I had, and adored, short hair for most of the decade between 1995 and 2005 and then grew it out thinking it maybe wasn't super flattering for my face shape. But I always loved short hair, and missed having it, and recently I decided, you know what? Who cares if it's "flattering" (by which word, let's be honest, we mean "it somehow gives the illusion that some part of your body is smaller in size than it actually is in reality")? My head is the size my head is. And now my hair is the size I want my hair to be. It feels light and free and real. I was influenced by the haircuts of various folks: Megan Rapino, Maye Musk, Pink, Mealanie Kobayashi, and Captain Marvel (when she had short hair in the comics) -- here's an amusing pinboard of all the inspirations for this current look. And here's a little gallery of great-moments-in-Bridget-short-hair-history (because of course I had to dig back through all my old photo albums -- film! paper! -- before pushing the button on this new version):












No comments:

Post a Comment