Friday, July 22, 2011

Women Artists in Interwar France


In honor of this being my one-hundredth post here on the Cabinet, I'm breaking the rules a bit today. My own rules, that is. Which are somehow both the easiest and the hardest sort of rules to break, aren't they? Normally for these Friday Art book reviews I'm talking about a book I actually have here in my possession; taking pictures of the pages while the book is lying on the floor or on my desk or sofa or what have you. But in this instance, this is not a book I own--rather, it's one my dad covered on his own blog, Spencer Alley, a few weeks back--the images of which have stuck in my mind to such an degree that I feel compelled to re-post them here for your enjoyment. Women Artists in Interwar France: Framing Femininities, despite it's unpromising academic title, appears to be rich with wonders indeed, if the below samples are any indication. For individual painting titles and artist attributions, see here.








No comments:

Post a Comment