Friday, April 13, 2012

Oakland Art Murmur


Some colleagues and I took an evening field trip out to the Oakland Art Murmur last Friday. I've written before about how much I like this event. This time around I overheard a lot of chatter about how it's not what it used to be--how it's gotten too big, too scene-y, too crowded, I even heard someone say too "corporate." And, well, yes, it is kind of crazy crowded. And I can't lay claim to having attended back in the good old days, before people like me found out about it. But, personally, I still think it's a great way to see a lot of interesting art all in one place, and also enjoy a festive atmosphere. Here's what I saw: Above, Vita Wells at Oakopolis.

Horizons of Promise group show at Vessel   

Brian Conry at Wall

Nicolo Sertorio at Photo

Eric Bohr at Mercury 20

Jason Michael Aumann at FM  

Blunt Graffix at the Telegraph pop-up location of Spoke

Eliza Fernand at Hatch

David Allan Peters at Chandra Cerrito

Varese Layzer at Krowswork

No comments:

Post a Comment