Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Cookies


On Monday I took a vacation day from work to stay home and bake Christmas cookies with my mother and my daughter. In our family we make many extra thin cut-out shape sugar cookies (using Mabel's great-grandmother's recipe) and decorate them with a dense solid layer of various bright colored sugars--turquoise and pink always strike me as just as Christmasy as red and green. This was the first year that Mabel could help. She stood on a step stool and watched the preparations avidly, asking many questions, and even doing some measuring and cutting out and decorating of her own! It was exciting for all concerned. And of course she was our official taster. A very good day. When I got back to the office yesterday morning I had one-hundred-and-fifty new emails, two acquisition topsheets, a proposal-to-purchase document, two flap copy memos, and a copyedit manuscript all desperately needing my attention. But it was well worth it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment