Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Slinging Books


Every year around this time, the fine publisher for which I work takes the show on the road. We set up one-day sales at various companies around the Bay Area  where we bring in a whole bunch of books and products and give the employees the chance to do all their Christmas shopping right in the comfort of their own offices. Folks from all parts of my company volunteer to man these sales, which is how I found myself yesterday playing bookseller at Ideo in Palo Alto.


It's actually quite fun to get out there and chat with people who are in the midst of shopping for our books, to hear what they think of our offerings, to see what they like and what they don't. But probably my favorite moment of the day came when the man above flipped through Pantone: 35 Inspirational color Palettes, and discovered the shades of his own shirt and sweater combo in one of the palettes.


I also got to ride the Caltrain home, and read a manuscript on the train with a red pen and everything. Pretty nifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment