Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fruit Salad PJs


I almost never use a flash when I take polaroids (or when I take any kind of photos, for that matter)--which accounts for the many dark and/or blurry polaroids I have shot over the years. The trade-off of those less-than-perfect shots for the chance to avoid stark ugly lighting and red eyeballs usually feels entirely well worth it. But now and then I do succumb to the desire to shoot something like a little baby getting ready for bed on a winter's evening, and the necessity for the flash such subjects by their very nature engender. And then I am always amused at how very vintage--in some ways even more vintage than the dreamy sunlight-filled platonic ideal polaroids of my dreams--such flash photography images look. To me the above shot seems as if it could be straight out of the 1970s, and is all the more endearing for that, to my biased eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment