Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Paul Rand's Thoughts on Design in the Wild


Because of the visual, keep-them-at-home-on-your-table nature of most of the books I edit for Chronicle Books, this very rarely happens to me: but the other day I was in a cafe and spotted a man engrossed in the reissue of Paul Rand's classic design manifesto Thoughts on Design that I worked on. A real live man! Out there in the wilds of the real live world! Reading one of my books! And so deep into it that he didn't even notice when I none-too-subtly snapped his photo. If there is a higher true apotheosis of the editorial endeavor, I don't know what it is. In case you'd like your own copy of this very fine volume to get lost in at your own coffee shop of choice, you can always buy one here or wherever nice books are sold.

http://www.chroniclebooks.com/titles/thoughts-on-design.html

No comments:

Post a Comment