Thursday, February 19, 2015

After All This Time It's the Very Last Poem of the Poem Series About the Spring of 2006



May 31, 2006
Today on my lunch-break

I took myself over to
the SFMOMA bookstore
to buy mama a birthday present
she’s become interested in the work
of the photographer loretta lux
but would never buy
a fine art photo book for herself
thus making loretta’s book the perfect gift

and while I was there I also bought
totally on impulse
a bracelet for myself
a turquoise blue leather cuff
with delicate though large-sized
gold flowers painted all around it
Not at all the sort of thing I normally do
For one thing I don’t generally buy much jewelry
and when I do I usually hem and haw a long time prior
But this caught my eye
and appealed to me
plus it was affordable
so I just slapped down my money for it
or rather I should say my bank card



 image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment