Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Walking the Walk


Ok! Here's what's been happening in my book editor world this past week:

I walked past the dictionary (the big one that lives, always open, on a shelf in our bedroom, because, yes, we are those people) and it just so happened to be open to this page: publish / publisher / publishing / publishing house.


I got my first 2 advance copies of books coming out this coming Fall that I edited: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, illustrated by Yelena Bryksenkova, and Here Kitty Kitty  by Mallory McInnis. So fun! And of course this makes me want more, more, more! Luckily, more will soon be here. 


My colleagues Kristen, Yolanda, and I did our behind-the-scenes art book publishing talk at the Chronicle Books Metreon Store. There was a great turn out--80 people came! And I think it went well. At least, folks said they were entertained.


I met with the awesome artist Rae Dunn, and she gave me this amazing tiny ceramic leaf (or perhaps feather?) as a gift. I am a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment