Wednesday, November 28, 2018

How Was Your Day - Advance Copy!


The fill-in journal I wrote and (oh my gosh, oh my gosh) illustrated, How Was Your Day? is now physically here in my hands! This is, in every sense, a dream come true. If you'd asked me, between the ages of three and thirteen, what I wanted to be when I grew up I would have answered without hesitation "An artist." Then I got sidetracked -- first by being a theater nerd, then by literature, and then by having a career and a family and stuff. Though I continued to dabble with drawing over the decades, only in the past four years have I come back to making art-making in a meaningful way. And now, to have this be a culmination of those endeavors, well, it's pretty mind-boggling. I am immensely grateful to the fine folks at Chronicle Books for the opportunity. In the months to come before the journal comes out in the Spring I'll show you some of the drawings from inside. But for today I'm just going to be over here fondling my advance copy and telling you that you can pre-order it here or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment