Friday, September 6, 2013

Reader Poll: LA Museums


If you are reading this, and if you have opinions about Los Angeles art museums, I could use your help. I'm planning a work trip to LA next month, and it's looking like I'm going to have time to visit maybe two or three of the five museums I'm interested in. Would love to get some personal thoughts and takes from y'all on which ones those should be. Please reply in the comments if you have views on where I should go. The options:

LACMA (I'd love to see the James Turrell show pictured above)


The Getty Center (amazing, but also the only one I've already been to before)


The Getty Villa (less directly germane to my work, and a bit off the beaten path, but I've always wanted to check it out)


The Hammer Museum (there's an Andrew Bauvelt curated show on graphic design going to be there that I hear is quite good)


MOCA (I know little to nothing about this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment