Friday, March 15, 2013

The Armory Show & Scope Art NY


When people in New York asked, as they inevitably did, what I was in town "for" last week the answer could have been something complicated about talent scouting and "networking" (bleh) and inspiration gathering and keeping my fingers on the pulse of the zeitgeist and taking loads of meetings and running around town in the snow like a maniac. But more often I used the simple answer: I was in town for the art fairs. I spent Friday wandering the halls of the ginormous Armory Show and it's little sister Scope. It's one of those experiences where you can never hope to see or take in or remember even a fraction of what's there. Rather you just drift around letting the visual stimulation crash over you in waves, retaining bits and pieces here and there but mostly just soaking up a general sense of awe and wonderment.

Anyhow, here's a bit of what was at the Armory:





And at Scope:



Most of these photos are my own, some art images are lifted from the artists' or galleries' websites, the bottom two photos on the second panel are borrowed from online image archives

No comments:

Post a Comment