Thursday, March 27, 2014

One of Those Rare Moments When the Poem Saga About the Spring of 2006 Syncs Up Almost Perfectly in Time With Our Current Spring of 2014



March 30, 2006
So we’ve had this bunch of daffodils on the table all week

bought them as those less than promising little green twigs
that you get at the cult grocery store I will not name by name
because I’ve been mentioning it far too often recently
and fear I must be getting sucked into their sect myself
where they are ninty-nine cents for a bunch of ten
and we got two bunches so twenty flowers for two bucks

and now
they have
opened up
into the most glorious
pretty springtime thing
you can imagine
seems like every morning
at breakfast we mention it
and I just sit there
almost in disbelief
that they are so alive
and in our house
and so impossibly
yellow



image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment