Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Poem Series Which Continues to Continue On About the Spring of 2006 Continues On Like This


March 28, 2006
This morning I had to go to the dentist and get a filling

With all the natural accompanying anxiety
and anticipation that implyies
But as I sat in the chair and they tipped me back
I had a view out the window of a sort of pavilion-like skylight
on top of a building across the street

Now that I think about it I realize
that this is the big white wedding-cake building
with columns like a bank or temple which is
like nearly everything else in the neighborhood
actually part of the art school
and has those great funny figural driftwood sculptures out in front
that are lit with giant yellow spotlights at night
But you wouldn’t know any of that from the view of the roof

Just a kind of big rundown rhomboid shape
made of frosty panes of glass
framed against the crummy back of the next building
in the gray light of a rainy morning
and utterly gorgeous



image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment