Wednesday, August 6, 2014

An Almost-Four-Year-Old's Reading List


As I am always quick to point out: I know next to nothing, professionally, about children's publishing. I edit art books for grown-ups for a living, and glimpse just enough of the workings of our excellent children's book department at Chronicle Books to realize what a different animal publishing for small people is, and how little I understand it. That said, I do have a kid who's about to turn four, and I always think around the birthday is a nice time to check in with her reading tastes and fancies. So here are a few of the volumes that have been in heavy rotation around our house lately--

Above:
I am a Bunny
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
One Morning in Maine
The Mighty LaLouche
Time of Wonder
Blueberries for Sal
Arrow to the Sun


Corduroy
Emily's First 100 Days of School
Richard Scarry's Great Big Schoolhouse
Around the World with Mouk
Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day
Press Here
Symphony City
Mabel One and Only

No comments:

Post a Comment