Friday, August 15, 2014

Make Me a Woman by Vanessa Davis


When I was in Portland for the ICON illustration conference I had dinner with the lovely and charming Vanessa Davis. I got her book Make Me a Woman and she signed it for me. Having now read it, and loved it, I wanted to share some of my favorite images with you. The way she draws girls' cloths is perfection for one thing (I'm pretty sure I wore the exact outfit above to a party in the aughties). And then I especially love her sketchbook pages that are included in the book--full of brilliant single-point perspective, barely-there yet oh-so-evocative settings, laugh-out-loud humor, and even mistakes like the image at the very bottom of this post featuring a somewhat poorly-drawn tiger and the note to self to "look up tiger."








No comments:

Post a Comment