Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Inktober 2018 - The First Week


I'm doing the Inktober drawing challenge this year -- wherein you make one ink drawing a day for the whole month of October. So far it's been very inspiring, and both fun and challenging. Without color to rely on I have to do things I'm not accustomed to like crosshatching and shading. It's a chance to work on skills, and also just an impetus to draw more that I'd otherwise currently be drawing. I really like it. Just to make things simpler, I've been going with the official list of prompts provided by challenge creator Jake Parker, though there's no requirement that one do so. Here's what I drew in the first week:

Day 1: Poisonous -- a raw potato


Day 2: Tranquil -- headphones for listening to audiobooks


Day 3: Roasted -- a roasted brussles sprout (cut in half before roasting, as they tend to be)


Day 4: Spell -- the bane of my childhood, the Friday spelling test


Day 5: Chicken -- self-explanatory


Day 6: Drooling -- sprinkle doughnut


Day 7: Exhausted -- my pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment