Thursday, March 1, 2012

This Thursday's Poem from the Ongoing Series About the Fall of 2005


November 9, 2005
Last night Bill and I were feeling sad

And I said to him
What should we do with our miserable selves?
and he said
Let’s have a party
What kind of party? I said
and he said
A dance party
So we got up
put on Frank Sinatra
and danced
clumsy in the living room
through half a dozen songs
Some were slow and we swayed in a clinch
some were fast and then we would swing
(the only step we know)
avoiding the furniture and bumping into each other’s bodies
with little hops to catch up when we got out of step
I try to let him lead and he spins me around
we laugh a lot and sometimes sing along when we know the words
we feel much better
by the end of it

image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment