Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Third Birthday Party


Saturday we had Mabel's birthday party in the park. The weather was lovely, a dozen kids were in top running-all-over-the-place form, and an excellent time was had by the birthday girl. I must admit to not documenting this event nearly as well as I might have done (as a wise person once said: you can perhaps simultaneously host and attend a party, but you cannot host, attend, and properly photograph a party), but I've borrowed photos from a few pals' instagram feeds and managed to piece something together here that at least shows you the party's two key visual elements: a) the giant doughnut strawberry cake, and b) pin-the-tail-on-the-panda. About both of these brilliant things I can simply say: there is someone in our house (I'll give you a hint: she's short) who comes up with all the good ideas, and then there are those of us (the tall ones) who execute them.








No comments:

Post a Comment