Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Advice From My 80-Year-Old Self


A year ago I wrote about the tragic loss of artist, author, amazing human being, and friend Susan O'Malley. Yesterday her posthumous book Advice From My 80-Year-Old Self, which I edited, came out from Chronicle Books. We invited people to post their favorite pages from the book on Instagram and other social media, using the hashtag #susanomalley. The response was overwhelming, and overwhelmingly beautiful. Here's just a glimpse of the wonderfulness people contributed to this amazing and important day. This truly inspiring book is now available wherever books are sold, and if you choose to buy a copy I'm very pleased to be able to say that Chronicle Books will donate a portion of the proceeds from every book sold to the Susan O'Malley Memorial Fund for the Arts which supports both permanent installations of Susan's own artwork and emerging artists. I am proud to work at a place that does things like that.






No comments:

Post a Comment