Thursday, March 10, 2016

There's No Stopping the Continuing Poem Saga About the Summer of 2006



August 18, 2006
many months ago I saw a thing

which ever since
recurs to my mind
from time to time

the great ornamental piles of vegetables at Chez Panisse
when we went there for my birthday in January
used in the way fresh flowers would be used anywhere else
except for the fact that you knew that stuff was for your dinner too

I’m not even sure now
what all was there
at least not exactly

Brussels sprouts on the stalk I’m pretty sure
and maybe cauliflower and something like kale
It was so beautiful that though the details have faded from my mind
the pure loveliness and glowing greenness of it lingers on




image source is here

2 comments:

  1. i think your no-stopping-ongoing-saga deserves paper pages by now. is it the books you're writing, i wonder? n♥

    ReplyDelete