Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Career Day


I got to participate in one of JCYC's middle school Career Days last week and it was a truly inspirational experience. I talked to two sixth grade classes at Roosevelt Middle School about careers in book publishing and editorial (for those of you who don't know me personally: when I'm not running Open Studio or being an author and artist, I'm busy with my career as an art book editor at Chronicle Books) and man oh man were these kids on top of it! I haven't spent much time with middle school kids, and sixth graders pretty much still look like small children, right? But it turns out they've basically got the brains of teenagers. They asked the best questions! I was supposed to be there to inspire them, but I think they inspired me just as much if not more. If you're engaged in an interesting career in San Francisco, I would very much recommend reaching out to this great organization to participate in one of these wonderful activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment