Wednesday, April 19, 2017

My PW Soapbox Essay

The April 17 issue of PW 

I am very honored to gotten to write a piece for Publisher's Weekly's Soapbox column -- a spot for writers with something to get off their chests. 

My essay is about retiring the term "coffee table book," because when we say that what we really tend to mean are art books that sit around our houses being used as items of interior decor and thus gathering dust, rather than actually taking them out and looking at the art inside. Both as an art book editor and as the author of a soon-to-be-released book on how art can make you happy (called, funnily enough, How Art Can Make You Happy), this is a subject near and dear to my heart.

You can read my piece online here, or take a peek below at how it will appear in the print issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment