Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Working at Makeshift


There was a time--actually almost exactly a year ago--when taking a day to read manuscripts, otherwise known as working from "home," meant camping out in various cafes all day long. But that was before I was introduced to the utterly fabulous Makeshift Society. Now when I have reading to do I just tootle on down to Hayes Valley and buy a day pass that entitles me to spend the entire day curled up in a cozy window seat reading.


It was a gloriously sunny and warm spring day in San Francisco yesterday, making my walk out to get lunch extra pleasant. 


I grabbed a sandwich and iced coffee at  La Boulange,


and paused on a bench in Patricia's Green to watch the world go by for a few minutes.


Then it was back to work in my cozy corner. A very good day indeed, and I find myself returning to the office refreshed, inspired, and energized. Plus with a crap-load of work done. Fab all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment